- Presentation of the winery
The winery was founded in 1863 by Frédéric Mugnier, who was a liqueur sceller in Dijon. At the time the area includes twenty hectares from Chambolle-Musigny and Nuits-Saint-Georges. The winery and factory liqueurs will operate until 1949, run by his son and grandson. In 1950, Jacques-Frédéric Mugnier, his grandson, decided to sell the mill liquors and entrusts leased the vineyard. Over the field of inheritance fell into a great house wine Nuits-Saint-Georges. In 1978, the family took over the operation of vineyards. In 2004, the area increased from 4 to 14 hectares by the end of the tenancy of the Clos de la Maréchale.
This wine is influenced by the terroir of Morey, that gives it its frankness, its solidity, its earthy character, including a wide aromatic range with notes of red fruit, minerality and aromas of undergrowth.