- Presentation of the winery
The winery was founded in 1863 by Frédéric Mugnier, who was a liqueur seller in Dijon. At the time the area includes twenty hectares from Chambolle-Musigny and Nuits-Saint-Georges. The winery and factory liqueurs will operate until 1949, run by his son and grandson. In 1950, Jacques-Frédéric Mugnier, his grandson, decided to sell the liquor factory and leased the vineyard. Over time, the latter turned into a "maison de vin" for Nuits-Saint-Georges. In 1978, the family took over the vineyards. In 2004, the area increased from 4 to 14 hectares by the end of the tenancy of the Clos de la Maréchale.