- Presentation of the winery
The winery was founded in 1863 by Frédéric Mugnier, who was a liqueur sceller in Dijon. At the time the area includes twenty hectares from Chambolle-Musigny and Nuits-Saint-Georges. The winery and factory liqueurs will operate until 1949, by his son and grandson. In 1950, Jacques-Frédéric Mugnier, his grandson, decided to sell the mill liquors and entrusts leased the vineyard. Over the field of inheritance fell into a great house wine Nuits-Saint-Georges. In 1978, the family took over the operation of vineyards. In 2004, the area increased from 4 to 14 hectares by the end of the tenancy of the Clos de la Maréchale.
Le Musigny like its neighbor Amoureuses, is very elegant, very rich, but not heavy. The aromatic palette is close to Amoureuses but this wine has exceptional depth and intensity, with a very nice finish on the palate.