Riesling Clos Sainte Hune 1992 - Magnum - Maison Trimbach
Alsace, AOC Riesling, vintage 1992, Maison Trimbach - Magnum
- The domain
Trimbach Estate was founded in 1626 by Jean Trimbach, in Riquewihr. Twelve generations from the same family have succeeded developing the vineyard and confirming its international reputation.
Trimbach Estate moved to Hunwihr around 1840, and then to Ribeauvillé shortly after the First World War.
Frédéric Emile Trimbach. by winning a quality certificate at the Brussels international show in 1898, confirmed the prestige of the Trimbach Estate. His initials are still used in the official name of the company, and one of Trimbach’s top Riesling cuvées bears his name.
- Trimbach Wines
Trimbach Estate produces various Alsace wines:
- Sylvaner, Pinot Blanc, Riesling and Gewurztraminer from the classic range;
- Wines from the "Reserve" are made from grapes selected in mostly old vineyards: Muscat "Réserve", Riesling "Réserve", Pinot Gris "Réserve", Gewurztraminer "Réserve", Pinot Noir "Réserve";
- "Réserve Personnelle" or "Gold Labels", are long ageing wines, from the best terroirs and vintages only: Riesling "Cuvée Frédéric Emile", Pinot Gris "Réserve Personnelle", Gewurztraminer "Cuvée des Seigneurs de Ribeaupierre";
- and Prestige and Collection wines: Riesling "Clos Sainte Hune", Riesling, Pinot and Gewurztraminer late harvest or "Sélection de Grains Nobles" (selection of noble berries).
- Riesling Clos Sainte Hune
Riesling Clos Sainte Hune plot is about 1.67 hectares, in the heart of Rosacker vineyard, and belongs to the Trimbach family for more than 200 years. It produces about 8000 bottles per vintage. Those bottles are kept in the estate cellar at least during 5 years before release, and it is known for its exceptional aging potential.
Riesling Clos Saint Hune is a dry white wine, extremely intense, combining richness and freshness.
- 150 cl
- White Wine
- Grape Variety
- Maison Trimbach
- Clos Sainte-Hune
Flagship wines of Alsace
Founded during the 17th century by Jean Trimbach, the Maison Trimbach is located in Ribeauvillé (Haut-Rhin region, on the Alsace Wine Route). The family owns over 40 hectares of vineyard, sprawling across a few villages such as Hunawihr, Bergheim or Mittelwihr. In this region, the limestone soil is perfect for Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Gewurztraminer, Sylvaner...
The Trimbach Family is known for taking great care of its vines, and nature in general. One of their most prestigious "cuvées" is the Clos Sainte Hune, dubbed "World's Best Riesling" according to Serge Dubs (World's Best Sommelier in 1989), created 200 years ago. It comes from a great growth monopole called the "Rosacker d'Hunawihr" (1,67 hectare), and only 8000 bottles of this very special Riesling can be produced each year.
Discover the wines from the Maison Trimbach.