- Presentation of the winery
Created in 1868 by Claude Duvergey and Marie Taboureau as Maison Duvergey-Taboureau, Domaine Jacques Prieur was renamed in 1956 by Jacques Prieur himself, after he inheritated the winery. Today the property belongs to the Labruyère family, and is managed by Edouard Labruyère, together with Martin Prieur. The oenologist of the domain, Nadine Gublin, has served since 1990. Elected Winemaker of the Year 1998 by the Revue des Vins de France, she produces high quality wines on the set of prestigious appellations owned by the winery. Daniel Godfrey, head of culture, has been working the wines for many years in a durable farming way, in order to extract the best from each plot.
The House Jacques Prieur owns 21 hectares of vineyards (11 in Pinot Noir, 10 Chardonnay), spread over the greatest appellations of Burgundy: 9 great growths (Montrachet, Chevalier-Montrachet, Corton-Charlemagne, Corton-Bressandes, Echezeaux, Clos Vougeot , Musigny, Chambertin and Chambertin Clos de Beza) and 14 first growths, an exceptionnal collection of terroir.