The Maison Vauversin, currently managed by Laurent Vauversin and his father Bruno, has existed since the 17th century. In 1640, Nicolas de Vauversin was the first to plant grapevines in the little village of Oger (near the town of Épernay), on the Côte des Blancs. Fifteen generations came after him. In 1930, Bruno's grandfather Fernand Vauversin, became a pioneer: he stopped selling his grapes to local wine merchants and decided to commercialize his own Champagne. In his endeavour, he was helped by his former military unit, the friends who promoted his bottles far and wide.
Laurent loves his vineyard above all, not as a production site but as a complete ecosystem he needs to protect, with its rhythm, its biodiversity, its soul… The entire estate switched to organic winemaking in 2011. At the time, it was a very difficult financial decision for the young independent winegrower, but he was adamant in his decision and never regretted it. In the words of Laurent himself: a grand cru Champagne can only be born from the finest grapes. He wants his customers to taste the real Oger terroir when they open one of his bottles.