The story of the Trapet family begins in 1870, when Louis Trapet decided to buy a good chunk of grapevines and founded the Domaine Trapet. Years go by and, in 1919, his descendant Pierre-Arthur Trapet bought his very first parcel of Chambertin, which would become the domaine’s trademark.
In 1995, Jean-Louis Trapet, Louis’ great-great-grandson, takes the helm of the domaine, which now amounts to 15 hectares of vineyards (mainly Pinot noir and Chardonnay) and many appellations such as the Chapelle-Chambertin or the Gevrey-Chambertin.
The entire winery switched to biodynamic agriculture in 1996, to honor the family tradition of working with nature and never against it. Jean-Louis is a proud son of the Burgundy region but he is also forever linked to Alsace, thanks to his wife Andree who also owns a winery in Riquewihr.
- Clos Prieur Premier Cru
- Petite Chapelle Premier Cru
- Bourgogne Blanc
- Bourgogne Rouge
- Bourgogne A Minima